Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Skirt?




Ok first off I am not wearing a skirt, it is a sulu or a sulu vakataga to be exact and damn do I make that look good.  Ok, maybe I don't unfortunately.  Secondly that is a picture of our new nephew, Reece Afatika, looks remarkably like his father.  I can't answer your questions Kayla because I am not quite sure on the weight and height or really anything else right now. 
I broke out the drumsticks that I brought along and had some fun with some of the kids in our house.  I have alot more to say but I don't have the time, OH!  We got our site announcements we will be going to Natuvu Village in Vanua Levu about an hour and half west of Savusavu city.  We will not have electricity and water is going to have to be boiled and filtered in order to drink but we have excellent cell phone coverage in our village.  No word on how to charge the cell phone, but this kind of sums up how Fiji works sometimes. 
I hope everyone is doing well have a good one, Matt.
We are all drummers at heart

5 comments:

  1. Hi- I got on the computer when I got home from work last night and there was a new post!!! I was so excited about your news of where you'll be going I was up half the night! So, this morning when I was waiting to get the oil changed in my car, I read about that area of the country in my Fiji book you gave me for my birthday. It sounds beautiful, with lots of hiking and tourist things to do. I'm so excited for you!! Matt it looks like you've made some good friends with the help of those drumsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardly recognized since you weren't wearing your sulu vakataga. Nice looking drum crew Matt. Greetings to Alyssa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys! Congrats to you Auntie & Uncle. No baby news here. We think this one is going to be stubborn and stay in longer to bake. We were very excited to see your pictures posted. Matt, you should bring your sulu back so you can wear it to our next gig. (Bring one for Jason too! Angel :) In the meantime, can you ship over one of those new drummers? Divided Highway could use one!! Miss you, Much love to you both, Jason & Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures guys! Including the baby pic. :) We are home not but we actually all read your post when we were at the cabin in Grand Teton. stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really miss you guys and your skirts

    ReplyDelete