Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back to Our Fiji Home

Matt and I made it back to Fiji one week ago today.  Our trip home was really nice- the best part was meeting our nephew, Reece (1 year old), and our niece, Elsie (2 weeks old)!  Other lovely parts:  eating America food (particularly grilled meat, pasta and baked goods), not having to hand wash cloths (that's mine), watching baseball, driving (which was scary the first time) and of course just visiting our family and some friends!!!!

Since we got back, we've just been getting the garden back in order, cleaning the house (the sand from the beach blew inside a whole bunch) and trying to get back into the swing of old projects.  Also, Matt and I are working hard to eat healthier and we've been running together, too.  Most of you know that I'm now a flake about this kind of stuff, so it's nice to be back into a routine.

Today, Matt and I took the bus up to Labasa.  The new group of volunteers are here now, so my group is throwing them a 'Welcome to the North' BBQ.  Should be a good time!

That's all I know for now.  I am really looking forward to this year- my parents are coming, there are two Peace Corps conferences where I'll get to see old friends and I have established friends and work partners from last year.  Moce!

3 comments:

  1. Alyssa, sorry we missed you when Matt visited the office. Remind him that I'm taking you both to the Convention Grill for cheeseburgers, handcut fries, and malts when you come home. Be well and happy! Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MAtt and Alyssa,
    I posted a comment on Aprils's entry. I don't know how that happened. Anyway, it was so good to have you home for a few weeks. We miss you tons. I will be sending a box next week so let me know what you need. Love you. MOm (Becky)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was great to see you guys, good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete